Agenda

Central Stockport Area Committee
Thursday, 5th December, 2019 6.00 pm

Venue: Committee Room 2, Town Hall. View directions

Contact: David Clee  (0161 474 3137)

Media

Items
No. Item

1.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 204 KB

To approve as a correct record and sign the Minutes of the meeting held on 7 November 2019.

Additional documents:

2.

Declarations of Interest

Councillors and Officers to declare any interests which they have in any of the items on the agenda for the meeting.

Additional documents:

3.

Urgent Decisions

To report any urgent action taken under the Constitution since the last meeting of the Area Committee.

Additional documents:

4.

Community Engagement

Additional documents:

4.(i)

Chair's Announcements

To receive announcements from the Chair about local community events or issues.

Additional documents:

4.(ii)

Neighbourhood Policing

Councillors and members of the public are invited to raise neighbourhood policing issues with the local Neighbourhood Policing Team.

Additional documents:

4.(iii)

Public Question Time

Members of the public are invited to put questions to the Chair of the Area Committee on any matters within the powers and duties of the Area Committee, subject to the exclusions set out in the Code of Practice (Questions must be submitted prior to the commencement of the meeting on the cards provided. These are available the meeting.  You can also submit via the Council’s website at www.stockport.gov.uk/publicquestions.

Additional documents:

4.(iv)

Public Realm

The local Public Realm Inspector will attend the meeting to provide an update on matters raised at previous committee meetings. Councillors and members of the public are invited to raise issues affecting local environment quality.

Additional documents:

4.(v)

Open Forum

In accordance with the Code of Practice no organisation has indicated that they wished to address the Area Committee as part of the Open Forum arrangements.

Additional documents:

4.(vi)

Petitions

To receive petitions from members of the public and community groups.

 

The following petitions have been received during the consultation period for the Mayoral Challenge Fund:-

 

Pause the GM Cycle and Walk Offerton – Stockport proposals until further consultation

 

‘The GM Mayor and Stockport Council’s proposed changes to the area are much wider than many residents first realised. It affects much of Offerton and Manor Wards, not just the Fingerpost junction, and is more than just the creation of cycle paths.

 

This combined with many households not receiving vital information means we think that further, detailed and more inclusive consultation is necessary before any of these major changes to our area should take place’.

 

This e-petition has been signed by 220 residents (as of 26 November 2019)

 

Proposed changes to several roads around the Offerton area including:-

 

·         Worsley Crescent becoming one way

·         No right turn from both Dialstone Lane and Banks Lane onto Hempshaw Lane

·         A new crossing on Dialstone Lane near to Dialstone Wines

·         A new crossing on Banks Lane near to Harold Street (with the bus stop being moved next to the car park entrance)

·         New cycle paths throughout the area

 

Requesting more information and clarity on the proposed changes to Offerton roads, including all traffic planning measures and impact assessments.

 

This petition has been signed by 164 residents.

 

Petition to stop the relocation of the bus stop on Banks Lane adjacent to 31 Banks Lane

 

This petition has been signed by 29 residents.

Additional documents:

Non-Executive Business

Additional documents:

5.

Development Application pdf icon PDF 142 KB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration

 

To consider consultations (if any) received by the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration on any planning issues relevant to the area.

 

The following development application will be considered by the Area Committee:-

 

(to begin no earlier than 6.30pm)

 

Additional documents:

5.(i)

DC074628 - 20 and 22 Broadhurst Street, Cale Green pdf icon PDF 332 KB

Change of use of 20 and 22 Broadhurst Street to create two houses in multiple occupation (Use Class C4)

 

The Area Committee is recommended to grant planning permission, subject to conditions.

 

Officer Contact: Nancy Thynne on 0161 474 3652 or email: nancy.thynne@stockport.gov.uk

 

Additional documents:

6.

Planning Appeals, Enforcement Appeals and Enforcement Notices pdf icon PDF 111 KB

To consider a report of the Deputy Chief Executive

 

The report summarises recent appeal decisions; lists current planning appeals and dates for local enquiries; informal hearings for planning appeals, and enforcement action within the Central Stockport Area Committee area.

 

The Area Committee is recommended to note the report.

 

Officer Contact: Vicki Bates on 0161 474 3219 or email: vicki.bates@stockport.gov.uk

 

Additional documents:

Executive Business

Additional documents:

7.

Street Lighting - Brinnington Park pdf icon PDF 227 KB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration

 

The report sets out a proposal for a LED lantern upgrade of the street lighting in Brinnington Park.

 

The Area Committee is requested to support the lighting scheme outlined in the report and authorise the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration to order the work.

 

Officer Contact: Andy Jopling on 0161 474 2414 or email: andy.jopling@stockport.gov.uk

 

Additional documents:

8.

Park Event Application : Race for Life - 17 May 2020 pdf icon PDF 193 KB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration

 

The report sets out an application from Cancer Research UK to utilise Woodbank memorial and Vernon Parks for its their annual 5K charity event on Sunday 17th May 2020.

 

The Area Committee is recommended to approve the application, subject to all appropriate paperwork and licences being obtained and submitted to the Council at least one week prior to the event taking place.

 

Officer Contact: Kath Hughes on 0161 474 4418 or email: kath.hughes@stockport.gov.uk

 

Additional documents:

9.

Park Event Application: Rockstock - 23/24 May 2020 pdf icon PDF 215 KB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration

 

The report sets out an application from T3 Events Ltd to utilise Woodbank Memorial Park for their 2nd Rockstock Music Festival on Saturday 23rd/Sunday 24th May 2020.

 

The Area Committee is recommended to approve the application, subject to all appropriate paperwork and licences being obtained and submitted to the Council at least one week prior to the event taking place and this being confirmed to the Ward Councillors.

 

Officer Contact: Kath Hughes on 0161 474 4418 or email: kath.hughes@stockport.gov.uk

 

Additional documents:

10.

Progress on Area Committee Decisions pdf icon PDF 179 KB

To consider a report of the Deputy Chief Executive

 

The report prides an update on progress since the last meeting on decisions taken by the area committee and details the current position on ward flexibility funding. The report also includes the current position on the ward delegated budgets.

 

The Area Committee is recommended to note the report.

 

Officer Contact: David Clee on 0161 474 3137 or email: david.clee@stockport.gov.uk

 

Additional documents: