Agenda and minutes

Werneth Area Committee
Monday, 12th August, 2019 6.00 pm

Venue: Dining Room - Woodley Civic Hall

Contact: Damian Eaton  (0161 474 3207)

Media

Items
No. Item

1.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 65 KB

To approve as a correct record and sign the Minutes of the meeting held on 15 July 2019.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Minutes (copies of which had been circulated) of the meeting held on 15 July 2019 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Chair.

2.

Declarations of Interest

Councillors and officers to declare any interests which they have in any of the items on the agenda for the meeting.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Councillors and officers were invited to declare any interests which they had in any of the items on the agenda for the meeting.

 

No declarations of interest were made.

3.

Urgent Decisions

To report any urgent action taken under the Constitution since the last meeting of the Committee.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

No urgent decisions were reported.

4.

Community Engagement

Additional documents:

4.(i)

Chair's Announcements pdf icon PDF 80 KB

To receive any announcements from the Chair about local community events or issues.

 

Stockport NHS Breast Service

 

To consider a briefing note from Stockport Clinical Commissioning Group in relation to the closure of the Breast Service in Stockport.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Chair reported that a number of areas within the area represented by the Area Committee had been subject to flooding, and any residents affected were encouraged to report the matter to the Council to ensure that these areas could be properly identified and any underlying issues or defects could be properly investigated.  Members of the Area Committee also extended their thanks to local residents and the wider community who worked hard to come to the aid of affected neighbours.

 

The Chair then stated that United Utilities would be undertaking roadworks at the junction of Pennine Road and Hyde Road, Woodley from 20 August 2019 and that there may be consequent delays to any journeys via that route.

 

Finally, it was reported that the Stockport NHS Foundation Trust and Stockport Clinical Commissioning Group had recently announced their intention to permanently close the Breast Service in Stockport as a result of longstanding challenges in the recruitment of specialist staff coupled with increased demand.  It was noted that work was taking place to recommission the service with other NHS providers, however in the intervening period, residents would be able to choose to attend the Breast Service in Wythenshawe, Macclesfield or Tameside.

4.(ii)

Public Question Time

Members of the public are invited to put questions to the Chair of the Area Committee on any matters within the powers and duties of the Area Committee, subject to the exclusions set out in the Code of Practice (Questions must be submitted prior to the commencement of the meeting on the cards provided. These are available the meeting.  You can also submit via the Council’s website at www.stockport.gov.uk/publicquestions.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Members of the public were invited to put questions to the Chair of the Area Committee on any matters within the powers and duties of the Area Committee, subject to the exclusions set out in the Code of Practice.

 

One public question was submitted expressing concern in relation to the phasing of drainage improvement works at Greave Primary School to help alleviate longstanding flooding issues on the University Estate, Woodley and the availability of funding to implement the works.

 

RESOLVED – That the Corporate Director for Place Management & Regeneration be requested to respond to the questioner in writing.

 

A further two public questions were submitted where the questioner was not in attendance at the meeting and in accordance with the Code of Practice, the Chief Executive was requested to respond to the questioner in writing.

4.(iii)

Public Realm pdf icon PDF 48 KB

The local Public Realm Inspector will attend the meeting to provide an update on matters raised at the last committee meetings. Councillors and Members of the public are invited to raise issues affecting local environmental quality.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Chair reported that the Public Realm Officer was unable to attend this meeting of the Area Committee, however it was stated that a summary of activities with the Public Realm service area had been circulated to members of the area committee separately.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.

4.(iv)

Petitions

To receive petitions from members of the public and community groups.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

No petitions were submitted.

4.(v)

Open Forum - Tour of Britain Update pdf icon PDF 545 KB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration.

 

The ten Boroughs of Greater Manchester will be hosting the final stage OVO Energy Tour of Britain on Saturday 14th September 2019.  The race will start in Altrincham and run through each Greater Manchester Borough prior to the stage finish at Manchester City Council. The report explains how the tour will pass through Stockport, the implications for transport and plans to keep residents fully informed.

 

The Area Committee is requested to note the report.

 

Officer Contact: Peter Ashworth on Tel: 0161 474 2392 or email: peter.ashworth@stockport.gov.uk

Additional documents:

Minutes:

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) outlining how the plans for the Tour of Britain on 14 September 2019 would affect the Bramhall & Cheadle Hulme South area and surrounding areas.

 

The following comments were made/ issues raised:-

 

·         The Council was planning to manage spectator numbers through the use of volunteers in locations where it was anticipated there would be high numbers.  Road closures would also be implemented including at Cowlishaw Road, Romiley.

·         It was commented that consideration should be given to the provision of temporary toilet facilities at some of the more remote vantage points.

·         It was suggested that local schools be approached with a view to engaging them in the Tour of Britain event.

·         The Area Committee was advised that there was a small grant fund available for those organisations that wished to undertake activities to promote the Tour of Britain event in Stockport.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.

4.(vi)

Area Flexibility Funding - Werneth Concert Band pdf icon PDF 242 KB

To consider an application from Werneth Concern Band for a grant of £900 from the Ward Flexibility Budget towards the cost of a workshop event.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Nick Bradley attended the meeting and submitted an application on behalf of Werneth Concert Band for a grant from the Ward Flexibility Fund towards the cost of a workshop event.

 

RESOLVED – That approval be given to an application for Ward Flexibility Funding from Werneth Concern Band for a grant of £900 towards the cost of a workshop event.

4.(vii)

Ward Flexibility Funding - Walk Ride Romiley pdf icon PDF 342 KB

To consider an application from Walk Ride Romiley for a grant of £500 from the Ward Flexibility Budget towards the cost of a supporting the Tour of Britain event in the Romiley area.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Andy Howard attended the meeting and submitted an application on behalf of Walk Ride Romiley for a grant from the Ward Flexibility Fund towards the cost of supporting the Tour of Britain event in the Romiley area.

 

RESOLVED – That approval be given to an application for Ward Flexibility Funding from Walk Ride Romiley for a grant of £500 towards the cost of supporting the Tour of Britain event in the Romiley area.

5.

Development Applications pdf icon PDF 45 KB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management & Regeneration.

 

(a)

To consider the development applications where members of the public have attended the meeting in order to speak or hear the Area Committee’s deliberations.

 

(b)

To consider the remaining development applications.

 

(c)

To consider consultations (if any) received by the Corporate Director for Place Management & Regeneration on any planning issues relevant to the Werneth area.

 

The following development applications will be considered by the Area Committee:-

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Development applications were submitted.

 

(NOTE: Full details of the decisions including conditions and reasons for granting or refusing planning permission and imposing conditions are given in the schedule of plans. The Corporate Director for Place Management & Regeneration is authorised to determine conditions and reasons and they are not therefore referred to in committee minutes unless the committee makes a specific decision on a condition or reason. In order to reduce printing costs and preserve natural resources, the schedule of plans is not reproduced within these minutes. A copy of the schedule of plans is available on the council’s website at www.stockport.gov.uk/planningdecisions. Copies of the schedule of plans, or any part thereof, may be obtained from the Place Directorate upon payment of the Council’s reasonable charges).

 

A representative of the Deputy Chief Executive outlined the procedure for public speaking on planning applications.

5.(i)

DC066644 - Land at Dark Lane, Stockport pdf icon PDF 829 KB

Full planning application for the construction of a new cricket club comprising a cricket pitch and pavilion building with associated parking, score box, site screen and practice nets. Application is linked to the outline planning application for residential development on the existing Bredbury St Mark's Cricket Club site in Woodley.

 

The Area Committee is requested to recommend that the Planning & Highways Regulation Committee grant planning permission.

 

Officer contact: Karyn Clarke on 0161 474 3551 or email: karyn.clarke@stockport.gov.uk

Additional documents:

Minutes:

In respect of plan no. DC066644 for a full planning application for the construction of a new cricket club comprising a cricket pitch and pavilion building with associated parking, score box, site screen and practice nets on land at Dark Lane, Stockport

 

a representative of the applicant spoke in support of the application.

 

It was then

 

RESOLVED – That the Planning & Highways Regulation Committee be recommended to grant planning permission.

6.

Adjournment

Additional documents:

Minutes:

At 6.38 pm, it was

 

RESOLVED – That the meeting be adjourned.

 

The meeting reconvened at 6.40 pm.

7.

Development Applications (continued)

Additional documents:

7.(i)

DC066645 - Bredbury St Marks Church Cricket Club, Hillside Road, Woodley pdf icon PDF 177 KB

Outline planning application for residential development with all matters reserved except means of access as part of proposed relocation of Bredbury St Marks Cricket Club to land at Dark Lane, Bredbury.

 

The Area Committee is requested to recommend that the Planning & Highways Regulation Committee grant planning permission.

 

Officer contact: Karyn Clarke on 0161 474 3551 or email: karyn.clarke@stockport.gov.uk

Additional documents:

Minutes:

In respect of plan no. DC066645 for an outline planning application for residential development with all matters reserved except means of access at Bredbury St Marks Church Cricket Club, Hillside Road, Woodley,

 

a member of the public spoke against the application; and

 

a representative of the applicant spoke in support of the application.

 

It was then

 

RESOLVED – (4 for, 1 against, 1 abstention) That the Planning & Highways Regulation Committee be recommended to grant planning permission.

8.

Planning Appeals, Enforcement Appeals and Enforcement Notices pdf icon PDF 60 KB

To consider a report of the Deputy Chief Executive.

 

The report summarises recent appeal decisions; lists current planning appeals and dates for local enquiries; informal hearings for planning appeals, and enforcement action within the Werneth Area Committee area.

 

The Area Committee is recommended to note the report.

 

Officer contact: Vicki Bates on 474 3219 or email: vicki.bates@stockport.gov.uk

Additional documents:

Minutes:

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration submitted a report of the Deputy Chief Executive (copies of which had been circulated) listing any outstanding or recently determined planning appeals and enforcements within the area represented by the Werneth Area Committee.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.

9.

Land at Lower Bredbury / Proposed Shared Route Facilities - TCAP606 pdf icon PDF 117 KB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management & Regeneration.

 

The report details the Council’s intention to enter into a dedication agreement with land owner National Grid to create a public right of way (bridleway) across their land and create a public right of way (bridleway) on Council land as part of Town Centre Access Plan scheme 606.

 

The proposed public right of way (bridleway) route will provide a link from the junction of Stockport Road / Pear Mill access road to Dark Lane for use by horse riders, cyclists and pedestrians.

 

The Area Committee is recommended to resolve to authorise the Council to enter into a dedication agreement with National Grid to create a public right of way (bridleway) to enable adoption by the Council and to authorise the Council to designate a public right of way (bridleway) across Council land as detailed in Appendix A of the report.

 

Officer contact: Tim Lawton on 0161 474 2986 or email: tim.lawton@stockport.gov.uk

Additional documents:

Minutes:

A representative of the Deputy Chief Executive submitted a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management & Regeneration (copies of which had been circulated) detailing the Council’s intention to enter into a dedication agreement with land owner National Grid to create a public right of way (bridleway) across their land and create a public right of way (bridleway) on Council land as part of Town Centre Access Plan scheme 606.

 

The proposed public right of way route would provide a link from the junction of Stockport Road/ Pear Mill access road to Dark Lane for use by horse riders, cyclists and pedestrians.

 

RESOLVED – That approval be given to enter into a dedication agreement with National Grid to create a public right of way (bridleway) to enable adoption by the Council and to authorise the Council to designate a public right of way (bridleway) across Council land as detailed in Appendix A to the report.

10.

Progress on Area Committee Decisions pdf icon PDF 87 KB

To consider a report of the Democratic Services Manager.

 

The report provides an update on progress since the last meeting on decisions taken by the Area Committee and details the current position on area flexibility funding. The report also includes the current position on the highway and traffic management delegated budget.

 

The Area Committee is recommended to note the report.

 

Officer contact: Damian Eaton, 0161 474 3207 or email: damian.eaton@stockport.gov.uk

Additional documents:

Minutes:

A representative of the Democratic Services Manager submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) updating the Area Committee on progress on decisions taken by the Area Committee since the last meeting and the current position on the Area Flexibility and the Delegated budget.

 

The following comments were made/ issues raised:-

 

·         Members had previously requested that an analysis of the data obtained from Mobile Speed Indicator Devices located within the area for the period from May 2018 to present be submitted to the Area Committee, however this had not yet been forthcoming. 

·         The Area Committee had allocated £1,000 for the undertaking of a feasibility study at Mill Lane, Woodley and it was commented that this had not yet taken place.

·         It was noted that a request for junction protection at Highfield Avenue, Romiley had originally been made several years ago and had not yet been resolved.

 

RESOLVED – (1) That the report be noted.

 

(2) That the Deputy Chief Executive be requested to refer the non-submission of Mobile Speed Indicator Device data to the Corporate Director for Place Management & Regeneration.