Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report details the forecast Collection Fund outturn position for 2019/20 and the setting of the Council Tax Taxbase and forecast Business Rates income for 2020/21. These items form an integral part of the Council's 2020/21 budget setting process.
The Cabinet considered the forecast Collection Fund outturn position for 2019/20, the setting of the Council Tax Taxbase for 2019/20 and a forecast for Business Rates income for 2020/21 and agreed that in relation to the Stockport Billing Area - 2020/21 Council Tax Taxbase and Non Domestic Rates forecast, to:
· Declare a forecast Collection Fund surplus of £1.194m in 2019/20 relating to a Council Tax surplus of £0.547m and Business Rates surplus of £0.647m;
· Declare a forecast Collection Fund surplus to be distributed to the Council’s General Fund in 2020/21 of £1.109m relating to a Council Tax surplus of £0.468m and Business Rates surplus of £0.641m;
· Note the 2020/21 Council Tax Taxbase for budget setting purposes of 96,241.2 Band D equivalent dwellings. The Council’s final 2020/21 Council Tax Taxbase will be presented for approval to the Council meeting on 16 January 2020;
· Provisionally approve the 2020/21 forecast for Business Rates income of £80.730m;
· Note the forecast benefit from the 2019/20 Pilot of £1.748m;
· Note the available one-off resources to support the Council’s 2020/21 Budget, MTFP and investment decisions; and
· Approve the transfer of the 2019/20 100% Business Rates Retention Pilot benefit to Collection Fund Reserves as part of the 2019/20 financial year end process.
The Cabinet has also agreed to delegate the following decisions to the Corporate Director for Corporate and Support Services in consultation with the Deputy Leader of the Council:
· The decision to vary the Business Rates forecast presented in Table 5 and Table 6; and
· The decision to continue in the Greater Manchester and Cheshire Business Rates pooling arrangement.
Reason Key: Policy Framework & Budget;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: N/A
Decision Reference: CAB197
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None
Forward Plan Reference: LDR79 / RCG2
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Jonathan Davies, Corporate and Support Services Email: email@example.com Tel: 218 1025.
Report author: Jonathan Davies
Publication date: 08/01/2020
Date of decision: 06/01/2020
Decided at meeting: 06/01/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/01/2020