Venue: Webcast - Remote Meeting. View directions
Contact: Charles Yankiah (0161 474 3206)
Note: In the light of government guidance on social-distancing and the ongoing impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, this meeting will be held remotely. The press and public are able to follow the proceedings by watching our live webcast of the meeting. You can do so following the directions above, or by clicking on View the Webcast below.
To approve as a correct record and order that the Minutes of the meeting held on 4 November 2020 be signed.
The Minutes (copies of which had been circulated) of the meeting held on 4 November 2020 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Chair.
Declarations of Interest
Councillors and officers to declare any interests which they have in any of the items on the agenda for the meeting.
Councillors and officers were invited to declare any interests they had in any of the items on the agenda for the meeting.
No declarations of interest were made.
To receive any announcements from the Chair on matters related to the activity of the Board.
The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting and on behalf of the Board: -
· Thanked colleagues across the health, social and voluntary sector for supporting the people of Stockport through the pandemic and lockdown periods and also for the introduction of the vaccine programme.
· Thanked the residents of Stockport for their continued efforts and caring for each other and others throughout the pandemic.
· Thanked Healthwatch for co-ordinating the volunteers coming forward to support the vaccination programme.
Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
To receive a verbal update from the CEO, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust.
Karen James (CEO, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust) provided a verbal update on the Stockport NHS Foundation Trust.
Karen James informed the Board of the following: -
· Currently addressing the challenges at the Trust and dealing with the demand on Covid issues and early discharge and moving patients through the system.
· Lot of team work with the Local Authority and the joint working has been going well and the relationships will continue to be developed.
· Population health is important and the support to address the agenda is just as important.
· 189 patients with Covid-19 in the hospital
· High occupancy levels across the hospital in terms of beds and critical care facilities.
· 80 patients in critical care and another 16 in high care
· Vaccinations are going well within the hospital hub with up to 16,000 vaccinations completed.
· Working closely with Stockport Council to ensure care homes and staff are being vaccinated as well.
The following comments were made/issues raised: -
· Work at the hospital has been tremendous including the work with health and social care staff despite the current pressures.
· Stockport Council has been working closely throughout the system with the Trust including the Council’s Covid response team and keeping the residents at the heart of what is being done.
· The new leadership team at the Trust has settled in quite well and have been doing a fantastic job together, with the Trust Board focusing on the quality of care, the safety of patients and the effective use of resources.
· Board Members thanked Karen James for the update and for the collaborative approach including the vaccination centres and the work with the Viaduct colleagues.
RESOLVED – That the update be noted and Karen James be thanked for attending and for her contributions.
To consider a report of the Chief Finance Officer (CCG) and Borough Treasurer (Council).
The objective of the report is to inform the Health & Wellbeing Board of the Better Care Fund financial planning for 2020/21 and to provide an update on the finance performance of the BCF as at December 2020 (Quarter 3).
The Board are recommended to approve the BCF 2020/21 Financial Planning and to note the finance performance of the BCF as at 31 December 2020 (Quarter 3).
Officer contact: Paul Graham, Strategic Financial Advisor, 0161 474 4674, email@example.com
The Chief Finance Officer (CCG) and Borough Treasurer (Council) submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) providing the details of the Better Care Fund financial planning for 2020/21 and an update on the finance performance of the BCF as at December 2020 (Quarter 3).
The Chair informed the Board that the report was previously discussed at the Better Care Fund Sub Committee and was approved.
Paul Graham informed the Board that there was no formal submissions to Government this year for the Better Care Fund due to the priorities being launched nationally.
RESOLVED – (1) That the Better Care Fund 2020/21 Financial Planning be approved.
(2) The finance performance of the Better Care Fund as at 31 December 2020 (Q3) be noted.
To consider the report of the Strategic Head of Service & Monitoring Officer (Legal & Democratic Governance).
The report provides the Forward Plan of agenda items for future meetings of the Health and Wellbeing Board.
The Board is asked to consider and note the report.
Officer contact: Charles Yankiah, 0161 474 3206, firstname.lastname@example.org
A representative of the Strategic Head of Service & Monitoring Officer (Legal & Democratic Governance) submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) setting out planned agenda items for the Health and Wellbeing Board’s next meeting.
The Board were informed that the following items were scheduled to be submitted to the next meeting: -
· Commissioning in Manchester
· JSNA Update
· LeDeR Update
· Stockport Borough Plan Update
· Healthwatch Stockport Learning & Disability & Sensory Loss – Action Plan
· SEND Improvement
RESOLVED – (1) That the report be noted.
(2) That the following reports be included on the Forward Plan for future meetings: -
a) Commissioning in Manchester
b) JSNA Update
c) LeDeR Update
d) Stockport Borough Plan Update
e) Healthwatch Stockport Learning & Disability & Sensory Loss – Action Plan
f) SEND Improvement