The Cabinet considered the forecast Collection Fund outturn position for 2020/21, the setting of the Council Tax Taxbase for 2022/23, and a forecast for Business Rates income for 2022/23 and agreed:-
(1) That the Cabinet:-
· Declare a provisional forecast outturn Collection Fund deficit of £16.598m in 2021/22 relating to a Council Tax deficit of £0.618m and Business Rates deficit of £15.980m subject to the delegations below;
· Declare a provisional forecast outturn Collection Fund deficit to be reimbursed to the Council’s General Fund in 2022/23 of £16.345m relating to a Council Tax deficit of £0.525m and Business Rates deficit of £15.820m subject to the delegations below;
· Note that the declared position will be offset by Section 31 grants received from Government of £17.688m;
· Note the 2022/23 Council Tax Taxbase for budget setting purposes of 96,883.1 Band D equivalent dwellings. The Council’s final 2022/23 Council Tax Taxbase will be presented for approval to the Council meeting on 13 January 2022;
· Note the forecast 100% Pilot benefit from the 2021/22 Pilot of £3.896m based on the Business Rates forecast outturn position presented in the report (subject to change as noted);
· Provisionally approve the 2022/23 forecast for Business Rates income of £78.190m subject to the completion of the NNDR1 (Business Rates budget) to be submitted to Government by 31 January 2022;
· Note the 2022/23 Business Rates budget forecast subject to the completion of the NNDR1 (Business Rates budget) to be submitted to Government by 31 January 2022; and
· Note the available one off resources identified to support the 2022/23 budget, MTFP and Investment decisions.
(2) That the Cabinet delegates the following decisions to the Deputy Chief Executive in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance, Resources and Commissioning:
· The decision to change the in-year provisional forecast outturn Collection Fund position in 2021/22 prior to declaring the position by 31 January 2022;
· The decision to continue in the Greater Manchester Business Rates pooling arrangement; and
· The decision to vary the Business Rates forecast presented in Table 8 and Table 9 linked to the submission of the NNDR1 (Business Rates budget) to Government.