The Executive Meeting considered the final draft of the Woodford Aerodrome Opportunity Site Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) which set out the environmental, social, design and economic objectives relevant to and which would guide development and use of land at the site within the boundary of Stockport. The SPD had been subject to consultation with local residents and interested parties, as well as the Bramhall & Cheadle Hulme South Area Committee, the Planning & Highways Regulation Committee and the Environment & Economy Scrutiny Committee.
The Executive Meeting then approved the Woodford Aerodrome Opportunity Site Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) as part of the Stockport Local Development Framework, subject to the following amendments:-
· Under paragraph 2.8, replace reference to Avro 718 with Avro 748
· Under paragraph 5.10, replace existing text with “The Council has considered three principal options for the approach to the distribution of development on the site each of which could be delivered in accordance with relevant development plan policies so as to meet identified needs in terms of, for example, housing mix, density, open space and play provision. Any pattern of development proposed in a planning application will be required to demonstrate that it is in general conformity with all relevant development plan policies or that other material considerations exist which justify a departure from those policies. The options are represented diagrammatically as the following three concepts:”
The Executive Meeting considered the draft Woodford Garden Village Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) and agreed that
· the finalisation of the draft SPD prior to its publication be delegated to the Chief Executive in consultation with the Executive Councillor (Economic Development & Regeneration);
· approval be given to the statutory six week consultation on the draft SPD commencing on 3 September 2012;
· approval be given to the Bramhall & Cheadle Hulme South Area Committee being included as part of the consultation process on the draft SPD.