The Executive Meeting to considered the draft Leisure Strategy, a report summarising the outcome of the consultation exercise, a summary of the investment plan and an Equality Impact Assessment and
(1) approved the Strategy For Meeting The Physical Activity Needs Of Stockport People Through Leisure Facility Provision;
(2) approved the final proposals in respect of leisure facilities, namely:-
(i) the development of three new leisure facilities, in addition to the new facility opened in Reddish in 2010 by:-
· identifying and securing the opportunity for new provision in a location suitable to meet the leisure needs of the Town Centre, Adswood, Bridgehall and Edgeley communities.
· re-providing a sports hall and fitness suite ina more accessible location in Brinnington with subsequent closure of Target Life Lapwing.
· replacing current Offerton provision in the Dialstone Centre with enhanced provision of a sports hall and fitness suite as part of the proposed development opportunity.
(ii) Providing high quality, fit for purpose facilities through:
· investment of £7m+ in Target Fitness Avondale, Cheadle, Hazel Grove, Marple and Romiley together with Target Life Council owned leisure facilities and Grand Central Pools.
(iii) the closure of Target Fitness Peel Moat and continue to provide high quality facilities at Target Fitness+, Houldsworth Village and Target Life Priestnall.
(iv) the utilisation of Capital Receipt gained from the disposal of Peel Moat for on-site re-provision of a playing pitch with associated changing facility and for creation of a reserve to support the new centre provision for the Town Centre/ Adswood/ Bridgehall and Edgeley area.
(v) that the programme be delivered by Life Leisure (Stockport Sports Trust) on behalf of the Council and in accordance with the agreed Medium Term Financial Plan developed by the Council and Life Leisure in both capital and revenue terms.