The Executive Meeting has approved the following to ensure that the Council can maintain its performance in relation to increasing recycling and reducing residual waste:
· strengthening and reinforcing the ‘Right Thing, Right Bin’ communication programme to supports the promotion of changing resident’s recycling behaviour;
· the replacement of the white sack with a weighted sack for the storage / collection of pulpables;
· the methodology set out in Option B (Give option to authorise containers) for recovering unauthorised black bins;
· the methodology as detailed in the report for reducing excess waste at properties that were not suitable for wheeled containers;
· the introduction of dry recycling services to rural properties;
· the amendment to section 16 of the Recycling & Refuse Collections policy in relation to missed collections as set out at paragraph 5.5 of the report;
· the new level of fines for Section 46 offences, as set out at paragraph 6.5 of the report.