To consider a report of the Director of Place Management.
The report details the results of a recent monitoring exercise carried out on site following the completion of the Bramhall Park to A6 MCF Scheme.
The Area Committee is asked to:-
(1) Note the results of the recent monitoring exercise.
(2) Recommend that the Cabinet Member for Economy & Regeneration approves the proposed associated traffic regulation orders.
Officer contact: Nick Whelan on 0161 474 4907 or email: email@example.com
A representative of the Director of Place Management submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) detailing the results of a recent monitoring exercise carried out on site following the completion of the Bramhall Park to A6 MCF Scheme.
The following comments were made/ issues raised:-
· Welcomed the report and protections on Macclesfield Road.
· It was queried whether it was necessary for the line markings to stretch 27 metres from the junction as there were some concerns in relation to residential parking.
· It was noted that a number of signs had been removed as a result of the work and had not yet been replaced including school, neighbourhood watch and no vehicles overnight signs.
· It was reported that residents were using the pavement after the shared space ends and it was queried whether a sign could be erected to provide clarity.
· In relation to the roundabout at the junction of Dorchester and Jackson's Lane, it was queried whether the traffic island could be reviewed as part of the scheme.
RESOLVED – That the Cabinet Member for Economy & Regeneration be recommended to give approval to the implementation of the proposed measures and the legal advertising of the Traffic Regulation Orders contained in Appendix B to the report, and subject to the receipt of no objections within 21 days, the subsequent making of the orders.