Agenda and minutes

Contributors Committee - Thursday, 27th January, 2022 10.00 am

Venue: Council Chamber - Town Hall. View directions

Contact: Carol Hargreaves  (0161 474 3203)

Media

Items
No. Item

1.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 206 KB

To approve as a correct record and sign the Minutes of the meeting held on 25 November 2021.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The minutes (copies of which had been circulated) of the meeting held on 25 November 2021 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Chair,

2.

Declarations of Interest

Councillors and Officers to be invited to declare any interests they may have in any of the items on the agenda for the meeting.

Minutes:

Councillors and Officers were invited to declare any interests which they had in any of the items on the agenda for the meeting.

 

No declarations were made.

3.

Urgent Decisions

To report any urgent action taken under the Constitution since the last meeting of the Committee.

Minutes:

No urgent decisions were reported.

4.

Public Question Time

Members of the public are invited to put questions to the Chair on any matters within the powers and duties of the Committee, subject to the exclusions set out in the Code of Practice.  (Questions must be submitted no later than prior to the commencement of the meeting on the card provided. You can also submit via the Council’s website at www.stockport.gov.uk/publicquestions)

 

Minutes:

No public questions were submitted.

5.

Exclusion of the Public and the Public Interest Test

To consider whether it is in the public interest to exclude the public during consideration of agenda items 6-9 which contain information ‘not for publication’ by virtue of Category 3 ‘Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority)’ as set out in the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).

 

Minutes:

Items RESOLVED – That in order to prevent the disclosure of information which was not for publication relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority), the disclosure of which would not be in the public interest, would not be fair and would be in breach of Data Protection principles, the public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of agenda items 6-9.

Items 'Not for Publication'

6.

TLC Finance Report to 31 December 2021

To consider a report of the Finance & Commercial Director, Totally Local Company.

 

The Committee is invited to consider and comment on the report.

 

Officer Contact: Steve Jallands at steve.jallands@totallylocalcompany.co.uk

 

Minutes:

The Finance & Commercial Director, Totally Local Company submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) which provided an update to the Committee on the financial position of TLC Ltd to 31 December 2021.

 

The following comments were made/issues raised:

 

·         Members noted that the overall position of the company looked quite strong.

·         In response to a Member question, Contributors Committee was advised that Totally Local Company were focusing on minimising maintenance and it was hoped that the position would improve by March.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.

 

7.

TLC Forecast 2021-22 Commentary

To consider a report of the Finance & Commercial Director, Totally Local Company

 

The Committee is invited to consider and comment on the report.

 

Officer Contact: Steve Jallands at steve.jallands@totallylocalcompany.co.uk

 

Minutes:

The Finance & Commercial Director, Totally Local Company submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) which provided details of a re-forecast of the full year result to 31 March 2022 that the business had undertaken.

 

The following comments were made/issues raised:

 

·         Members noted that overall, the company was in a benign position.

·         A short discussion took place in relation to the current assets figure for debtors.

·         In response to a Member question, Contributors Committee were advised that the company were confident that their objectives could be achieved.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.

8.

TLC Business Update

The Chief Executive Officer, Totally Local Company to report at the meeting.

 

Officer Contact: David Hughes at email: david.hughes@totallylocalcompany.co.uk

 

Minutes:

The Chief Executive Officer, Totally Local Company delivered a verbal presentation which provided a business update to the Committee.

 

The following comments were made/issues raised:

 

·         Members commented that this had been a useful presentation, maintaining communication between Totally Local Company and Stockport MBC was key.

·         In response to a Member question regarding resources, the Committee was advised that there were pinch points, and that careful prioritisation would be required.

·         Members felt that there was some frustration as progress seemed slow in some areas.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.

 

9.

Update on SMBC's Strategic Challenge 2022-25

The Chief Executive Officer, Totally Local Company to report at the meeting.

 

Officer Contact: David Hughes at email: david.hughes@totallylocalcompany.co.uk

 

Minutes:

The Chair of the Board of Totally Local Company provided a verbal update to the Committee on the response of the Board of TLC to the Council’s strategic challenge for the period 2022-2025.

 

RESOLVED – That the position be noted.

 

10.

Date for Future Meeting

The next meeting of Contributors Committee is due on 24 March 2022.