Venue: Webcast - Remote Meeting. View directions
Contact: Carol Hargreaves 0161 474 3203
To approve as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on 13 April 2022.
The minutes (copies of which had been circulated) of the meeting held on 13 April 2022 were approved as a correct record.
Declarations of Interest
Councillors and Officers to declare any interests which they have in any of the items on the agenda for the meeting.
Councillors and Officers were invited to declare any interests that they had in any of the items on the agenda for the meeting.
No declarations of interest were made.
To consider a report of the Strategic Head of Place Making and Planning.
The report provides more detail on changes that have been made to the draft chapter of the Local Plan entitled ‘Our Zero Carbon Stockport’
The Working Party is invited to comment and provide feedback on the draft “Our Zero Carbon Stockport (Revised).
Officer contact: Richard Wood on 07800617505 or email: email@example.com
The Strategic Head of Place Making and Planning submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) which provided more detail on changes that have been made to the draft chapter of the Local Plan entitled ‘Our Zero Carbon Stockport’
The following comments were made/issues raised:
· Members asked whether demolition was included in the carbon neutrality calculation targets of a development?
· In addition, does the net zero carbon approach to increases in floorspace include home extensions/permitted development? In response, Members were advised that these were very technical calculations and officers would need to rely on other’s expertise in this area. Applications would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
· Members raised the issue of whether applicants would be able to sidestep and ignore the checklist, and whether it would be appropriate to encourage targets?
· A short discussion took place as to how the policy would work in relation to Conservation Areas.
· Members raised the issue of development costs and affordable housing and how this would be balanced.
RESOLVED – That the report be noted.