To consider a report of the Director of Place Management.
This report sets out updates required to the Transportation Capital Programme for 2022/2023.
The Scrutiny Committee is requested to comment on the proposed additions to the programme and note the report.
Contact officer: Sue Stevenson 0161 474 4351 | firstname.lastname@example.org
A representative of the Director of Place Management submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) which set out updates required to the Transportation Capital Programme for 2022/ 2023.
The following comments were made/ issues raised:
· More funding had been awarded to Stockport since the last report to committee.
· It was requested that members be informed by email of start dates for schemes when work was due to take place. It was noted that members would be informed once the finance had been approved to carry out proposed schemes.
· In relation to Reddish Vale Road, it was asked whether canalising the river in a straight line would prevent any future potential flooding issues, and it was noted this would increase speed of flow of the river and cause issues. The rail viaduct in question was being monitored by Network Rail.
· There was a discussion to be had as to where the proposed controlled crossing on Turves Road, Cheadle Hulme, would be located.
· It was requested that work at the junction of Ladybridge Road and Councillor Lane be considered if funding were to become available.
· Members were pleased to hear that £30k funding had been allocated to SIDS, and that these funds would provide half a dozen SIDS.
· Members noted that the government generally granted transportation funding to Greater Manchester on a 5 year cycle and then there was a further process to split the funds locally. It was also noted that other opportunities for funding arose during the year.
· In relation to the previous damaged SIDS, the Cabinet Member noted member concerns with regards to insurance. Any further consideration of this would be a matter for Corporate, Resource Management & Governance Scrutiny Committee members.
· Thanks were expressed to officers for the work undertaken on the zebra crossing in Hazel Grove.
· The proposed footpath in Devonshire Park was welcomed my members.
RESOLVED – That the report and proposed additions to the programme be noted.