To consider a report of the Assistant Chief Executive, Stockport Homes.
The report updates Member Committee on how Stockport Homes delivered its objectives in 2020/21.
The Committee is requested to note and comment on the report.
Officer contact; Rob Lloyd Tel 0161 474 3279 Email: email@example.com
The Assistant Chief Executive, Stockport Homes submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) which updated Members on how Stockport Homes delivered its objectives in 2020/21.
The following comments were made/issues raised:
· Members noted and were appreciative of the comprehensive nature of the report.
· In response to a Member question, an explanation was provided to Members regarding the difference between the Member Committee role and the Stockport Homes Monitoring Group.
· Members noted the positive way in which Stockport Homes had responded to the Covid-19 pandemic and that this work was continuing with partners.
· Members were pleased to note that there were increased opportunities for improving ethnicity and diversity within the Stockport Homes workforce and commented that there should also be the opportunity for supportive employment for those with special educational needs.
· In relation to procurement, Members felt that it was extremely important to continue to support local business and services.
· Members commented on the excellent work which had been carried out on homelessness.
· The figures relating to valid gas safety certificates were outstanding and it was confirmed that these were based on face to face meetings with residents.
· It was confirmed that the report would now go before scrutiny committees and some information would be placed on Stockport Homes’ website and social media.
RESOLVED – That the report be noted.