To consider a report of the Corporate Director, Corporate and Support Services
The report advises Members of the financial standing of the Trust as at 30 September 2020, indicates the amount of money available for distribution to organisations and provides commentary on the relevant performance of investment funds,
The Area Committee is recommended to:-
· Note the content of the report.
· Decide upon the policy that they wish to adopt in respect of the distribution of the Trust; and
· Advise as to the investment policy that they wish to follows.
Officer Contact: Paula McDonald on 0161 474 4708 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A representative of the Corporate Director (Corporate and Support Services) and Deputy Chief Executive submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) advising Members of the financial standing of the Trust as at 30 September 2020, indicating the amount of money available for distribution to organisations and providing commentary on the relevant performance of investment funds.
RESOLVED – (1) That the contents of the report be noted;
(2) That the decision of the Area Committee to allocate £50,000 from the Trust to support voluntary groups for children and young people, young carers, addressing loneliness amongst children and young people, and supporting sports groups for people of all ages be reaffirmed.
(3) That the current investment policy be maintained
(4) That Officers be requested to investigate ways of improving the infrastructure required to support the fund and whether the advertising of the fund could be linked to the Stockport Local Fund.
(5) That feedback be provided to Members on the award of funding from the Trust to Cheadle FM.