To consider a report of the Assistant Chief Executive, Stockport Homes
The report updates Members on issues not included in other reports but which are likely to be of interest.
The Committee is invited to consider and comment on the report.
The Assistant Chief Executive, Stockport Homes submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) which updated Members on issues not included in other reports but which are likely to be of interest.
The following comments were made/issues raised:
· A short discussion took place relating to where and how money was currently being spent in Adswood.
· Members were pleased to see the Counselling Service was still operating and asked how this was promoted. In response, Members were advised that this was done through social media and staff promotion. There was a huge demand for the service and it was under constant review in order to reach its target audience.
· Members were pleased to note that the OWLS Group who support people experiencing domestic violence had won an Excellence in Community Action award at the TPAS Awards.
· The furniture service continued to be a lifeline for many people and a short discussion took place on how donations could be made.
· Members raised the issue of the virtual tour and whether this was something that could be revisited in the future?
RESOLVED – That the report be noted.