Decision Maker: Cabinet
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The purpose of the report is to present the
2022/23 Cabinet Revenue Budget for approval. It also outlines the
Council’s financial outlook and significant challenges across
the medium term period 2022/23 to 2024/25 as our response and
recovery from the pandemic continues. The report highlights the
overarching priorities and desired outcomes upon which the Cabinet
has based its budget proposals, and which form the basis of the
updated Council Plan included elsewhere on this agenda.
The Cabinet considered its proposed 2022/23 Revenue Budget outlining the Council’s financial outlook and challenges across the medium term period 2022/23 to 2024/25 and recommended to the Council Meeting that it:-
· Approve the Budget for 2022/23 described in the report and set out in Appendix 2 and 3;
· Note the risk assessment of the 2022/23 Budget at Appendix 5 and the report of the Section 151 Officer on the adequacy of proposed financial reserves and robustness of the estimates also included at Appendix 5;
· Approve the required Council General Fund Balance to reflect the Section 151 Officer assessment of risks;
· Note, comment upon and approve the financial forecasts and assumptions for 2022/23 to 2024/25 at Appendix 6, and the key issues to be addressed in formulating a response to the future financial challenges facing the Council; and
· Pass the appropriate Council Tax resolutions which produce a Council Tax increase of 3.5% in 2022/23 (1% General increase, 1% Adult Social Care Precept increase and 1.5 deferred 2021/22 Adult Social Care Precept increase) as illustrated in Appendix 7.
Reason Key: Affects 2 or more wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: As part of the 2022/23 budget setting process
Decision Reference: CAB353
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None.
Forward Plan Reference: LDR98/ RCG44
Other reasons / organisations consulted
As part of the 2022/23 budget setting
Contact: Jonathan Davies, Corporate and Support Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 218 1025.
Report author: Administrator
Publication date: 02/02/2022
Date of decision: 01/02/2022
Decided at meeting: 01/02/2022 - Cabinet