Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Approval of plans and the business plan for
The Cabinet has considered an update on progress with Stockport’s Future High Street Fund project and the outcome of the recent consultation undertaken, and has:-
(1) Noted the update on progress with Stockport’s Future High Street Fund project, Stockroom and given approval to the proposals.
(2) Noted the recent consultation undertaken and given approval to the relocation the town centre library offer from Central Library Building into Stockroom.
(3) Delegated authority to the Deputy Chief Executive (Place) and Deputy Chief Executive (Corporate and Support Services) in conjunction with the Cabinet Member for Citizen Focus & Engagement; the Cabinet Member for Resources, Commissioning & Governance; and the Cabinet Member for Economy & Regeneration:-
(a) to appoint a contractor to deliver the refurbishment works and execute any necessary letter of intent or other agreement, pending resolution of the final contract, to maintain progress in connection with the redevelopment of Stockroom;
(b) to take all necessary steps to implement the strategy set out in this report; and
(c) to approve the final Operational Business Plan for Stockroom.
(4) Delegated authority to the Strategic Head of Service (Legal & Democratic Governance) to do all things necessary or incidental to the implementation of resolution (3).
(5) Noted the update provided on the potential future uses of the existing Central Library Building and approved the proposed course of action set out in Section 10 of the report to progress these.
Reason Key: Significant expenditure or savings;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: yes
Decision Reference: CAB339
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None.
Forward Plan Reference: E&R76/ RCG43
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Portfolio Holders, CLT, CRMG AND E
Contact: Paul Richards, Director of Development and Regeneration Email: email@example.com Tel: 0161-474-2940.
Report author: Robert Goulsbra
Publication date: 08/12/2021
Date of decision: 07/12/2021
Decided at meeting: 07/12/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/12/2021
This decision has been called in by: