Decision Maker: Council Meeting
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider and approve:
- the Revenue Budget for 2019/20;
- the Capital Programme for 2019/20 onwards based on the level of resources estimated to be available;
- the Council’s financial plans and forecasts for the medium term.
The Council Meeting has:-
(1) Agreed the Budget for 2019/20 described in the report and set out in Appendix 2 and 3;
(2) Noted the risk assessment of the Budget at Appendix 5 and the report of the Borough Treasurer on the adequacy of proposed financial reserves and robustness of the estimates included at Appendix 5;
(3) Noted and comment upon the financial forecasts for 2019/20 to 2022/23 (Appendix 6), and the key issues to be addressed in formulating a response to the future financial challenges facing the Council;
(4) Approved the 2019/20 to 2021/22 Capital Programme and the funding arrangements as described in the report and set out at Appendix 7; and
(5) Approve the prudential indicators set out in Appendix 8;
· The removal of the budget proposal relating to reducing Ward funds, protecting them at their current level creating an additional savings requirement of £0.216m ongoing.
· For 2019/20 and 2020/21, fund this by using the historic underspend of £0.468m, putting any surplus in to general reserves.
· For 2021/22 onwards, add to the Council’s savings requirement £0.216m, to be found from outside frontline service delivery. This would be an increase of under 1% of the savings requirement for that year.
(1) To pass the budget without amendment.
(2) To adopt the amendment proposed by the Conservative Group.
Reason Key: Policy Framework & Budget;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: N/A
Decision Reference: CM201
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None.
Forward Plan Reference: LDR73
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Consultation with Scrutiny Committees,
Corporate Leadership Team, Senior Officers, partners and other
stakeholders based on previous reports
Contact: Jonathan Davies, Corporate and Support Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 218 1025.
Report author: Jonathan Davies
Publication date: 28/02/2019
Date of decision: 21/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 21/02/2019 - Council Meeting
Effective from: 08/03/2019