Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report provides an update on proposals to
regenerate Stockport Station and identifies the next steps in
developing those proposals.
The Cabinet has considered an update on the Stockport Station Project, including progress on the project to date and next steps and has:-
(1) Noted the contents of the report and progress on the project;
(2) Endorsed the approach to the development and submission of the business case; and
(3) Delegated authority to the Director of Development and Regeneration, the Director of Place Management, and the Deputy Chief Executive (Corporate and Support Services), in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Economy and Regeneration for the following:
· The council, in its role as accountable body to sign off and submit the business case documents for the Stockport Railway Station project.
· The council, in its role as accountable body to enter into all required funding agreements, and associated terms with Avanti West Coast and Network Rail.
· Authority to enter all contract, partner, land and procurement arrangements, and to seek permissions, including planning permissions, as required to build and operate or manage, as appropriate, reporting back as necessary and appropriate to the Cabinet.
· Authority to approve the final schemes and their construction programme following approval of the final business cases.
· Authority to enter into agreement with the landowners for temporary access rights and purchase the land necessary to construct the schemes.
· Agree to authorise officers to enter into final negotiations with affected landowners to agree heads of terms for land purchase by agreement.
(4) Delegated authority to the Assistant Director for Legal and Democratic Governance to do all things necessary or incidental to the implementation of the abovementioned resolutions.
Councillor Baynham declared a personal interest has her spouse was an employee of Network Rail.
Reason Key: Affects 2 or more wards;
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: Being undertaken as the scheme progresses
Decision Reference: CAB387
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: Councillor Baynham declared a personal interest has her spouse was an employee of Network Rail.
Forward Plan Reference: E&R91
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Officers are working with key stakeholders,
Avanti , Network Rail and TfGM
Contact: Sue Stevenson, Services to Place Email: email@example.com Tel: 0161-474-4351.
Report author: Sue Stevenson
Publication date: 15/03/2023
Date of decision: 14/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 14/03/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/03/2023