Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Quarter 3 Update Corporate Performance and
Resource Report (CPRR) provides a summary of progress in delivering
the council’s priority outcomes up to 31 December 2022, with
a particular focus on the third quarter of 2022/23 (October to
December 2022). The report reflects the 2022/23 Council Plan, MTFP
and Portfolio priorities. It includes:
* An executive summary (including highlights and
exceptions relating to the delivery projects/initiatives set
out in the 2022/23 Portfolio Agreements.
* A summary analysis relating to the 75 “corporate”
performance measures, with exception commentary
relating to measures that are currently RAG rated as “Red”
(as well as those rated as “Amber” where performance has deteriorated since the end of 2021/22).
* A detailed financial update, including, the out-turn position
on revenue and capital.
The Cabinet considered the Corporate Performance and Resources - Third Quarter Update Report 2022/23 and has:-
(1) Reviewed progress against delivering council priorities and capital schemes alongside budget and performance forecasts contained within the report.
(2) Noted the key achievements and other issues quarter in each of the councils seven portfolios (in the Executive Summary) and analysis of corporate performance for 2022/23 (Section 2 – Corporate Performance: Overview and Analysis).
(3) Noted the Cash Limit and Non-Cash Limit forecast positions for 2022/23 as set out in section 3.3 and 3.6.
(4) Noted the update to the council’s positive investments as set out in section 3.4.
(5) Noted the update on the council’s Contain Outbreak Management Fund (COMF) investments plan set out in section 3.5.
(6) Noted the Dedicated Schools Grant, Housing Revenue Account and Collection Fund forecast positions as set out in sections 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9.
(7) Noted the appropriations to/from reserves and balances as set out in section 3.10 and note the resulting reserves and balances position as of 31 December 2022.
(8) Noted the position for the 2022/23 Capital Programme as set out in section 4.1.
(9) Noted the adjustments and re-phasing of capital schemes during the quarter as set out in section 4.2.
(10) Approved the resourcing of the capital programme as set out in section 4.3.
(11) Approved the 2022/23 prudential indicators as set out in section 4.4, and
(12) Identified key areas for further investigation and responsibility for taking forward.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Decision Reference: CAB381
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None.
Contact: Alan Lawson, Corporate and Support Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0161 474 5397.
Report author: Alan Lawson
Publication date: 15/03/2023
Date of decision: 14/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 14/03/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/03/2023