Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report seeks Cabinet approval to the
procurement of a Development Manager following a pre-engagement
marketing exercise and subsequent procurement.
Permission is also sought for delegated authority to appoint the Development Manager following conclusion of a procurement process.
This report follows the Cheadle Towns Fund Update to Cabinet in March 2022 in which authority to submit the three Cheadle Town Fund project business cases
was received along with approval of additional funding to advance designs for the Eco Business Park project up to a planning application.
The Cabinet has considered a proposal for the procurement of development management services for the Cheadle Eco Business Park project and has:-
(1) Noted the content of the report and the proposal to seek Development Management input through an initial market test and then a formal procurement process.
(2) Delegated authority to the Director of Development and Regeneration and the Deputy Chief Executive, in consultation with the Cabinet member for Economy and Regeneration to:
· Agree the basis on which the market is invited to compete and is evaluated for the appointment to take forward the project.
· Agree the terms with and appoint a Development Manager or Development Partner to assist in the delivery of the project.
· Take all necessary steps and make all necessary arrangements and/or agreements to bring forward the appointment of a Development Manager or Development Partner to assist in the delivery of the project.
· Authorise the Strategic Head of Legal Services to undertake and complete all agreements, legal documentation and legal matters in relation to a Development Manager or Development Partner appointment.
(3) Delegated authority to the Strategic Head of Legal Services to do all things necessary or incidental to the implementation of the above-mentioned resolutions.
Reason Key: Affects 2 or more wards;
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: See report
Decision Reference: CAB391
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None.
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Report author: Peter Owston
Publication date: 29/06/2022
Date of decision: 28/06/2022
Decided at meeting: 28/06/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 06/07/2022