Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To agree final governance and reporting
arrangements for Stockport Active CIC.
The Cabinet has considered a report outlining of the specification and contractual arrangements for Stockport Active Community Interest Company (CIC), which has been established to operate Council leisure centres and deliver active communities programmes, and has:-
(1) Approved the strategic priorities outlined in the specification for Stockport Active CIC and the indicators to be used initially to monitor performance against these.
(2) Approved the proposed Objects and Business of Stockport Active CIC.
(3) Delegated authority to the Deputy Chief Executives for Place and Corporate & Support Services in consultation with the Cabinet Members for Sustainable Stockport and Resources, Commissioning and Governance to make decisions on matters over which the Council will retain decision making authority in relation to the CIC.
(4) Approved the composition of the initial Board and the proposed future approach to the role and recruitment of non-Council Board Members and to delegate authority to the Deputy Chief Executives for Place and Corporate & Support Services in consultation with the Cabinet Members for Sustainable Stockport and Resources, Commissioning and Governance to make any such appointments.
(5) Approved the proposed roles of the Cabinet Member for Sustainable Stockport and Scrutiny Committees in relation to oversight and scrutiny of Stockport Active CIC.
Reason Key: Affects 2 or more wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: yes
Decision Reference: CAB306
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None.
Forward Plan Reference: SS25
Other reasons / organisations consulted
portfolio holder, CLT, C&H and CRMG
Contact: Paul Richards, Director of Development and Regeneration Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0161-474-2940.
Report author: Peter Ashworth
Publication date: 01/07/2021
Date of decision: 29/06/2021
Decided at meeting: 29/06/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 08/07/2021