Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report is to explain the future
development and use of Central Library and next steps.
The Cabinet has considered a report presenting the next steps for the redevelopment of Central Library following the opening of Stockroom in late 2023 and providing an update on the ongoing progress of the Stockroom Project, and has:-
(1) Noted the progress update on the Stockroom Project.
(2) Noted the update on Central Library Redevelopment Strategy and recommend for approval the proposals.
(3) Given approval to the release of up to £400k in reserves to fund the development of the project through to planning and construction tender in line with the steps covered in section 11 of this report.
(4) Delegated authority for the Director of Development and Regeneration (Place) and Deputy Chief Executive (Corporate and Support Services) in conjunction with the Cabinet Member for Resources, Commissioning & Governance to enter into any required professional services and construction contracts and bring forth any necessary planning applications related to the refurbishment of Central Library.
(5) Delegated authority for the Director of Development and Regeneration (Place) and Deputy Chief Executive (Corporate and Support Services) in conjunction with the Cabinet Member for Resources, Commissioning & Governance and Head of Service (Legal & Democratic Governance) to take the necessary steps to implement the strategy set out in this report.
(NOTE: The report contained a ‘not for publication’ appendix that was circulated to the Cabinet only).
Reason Key: Significant expenditure or savings;
Wards Affected: Brinnington & Central;
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: Yes
Decision Reference: CAB410
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None.
Forward Plan Reference: F&R3
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: James Kington, Head of Estates & Asset Management Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Dawn Arnold
Publication date: 03/10/2022
Date of decision: 28/09/2022
Decided at meeting: 28/09/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 08/10/2022