Decision Maker: Council Meeting
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The purpose of the report is to present the
2022/23 Cabinet Revenue Budget for approval. It also outlines the
Council’s financial outlook and significant challenges across
the medium term period 2022/23 to 2024/25 as our response and
recovery from the pandemic continues. The report highlights the
overarching priorities and desired outcomes upon which the Cabinet
has based its budget proposals, and which form the basis of the
updated Council Plan included elsewhere on this agenda.
The Council Meeting has:-
· Approved the Budget for 2022/23 described in the report and set out in Appendix 2 and 3;
· Noted the risk assessment of the 2022/23 Budget at Appendix 5 and the report of the Section 151 Officer on the adequacy of proposed financial reserves and robustness of the estimates also included at Appendix 5;
· Approved the required Council General Fund Balance to reflect the Section 151 Officer assessment of risks;
· Noted and approves the financial forecasts and assumptions for 2022/23 to 2024/25 at Appendix 6, and the key issues to be addressed in formulating a response to the future financial challenges facing the Council; and
· Passed the appropriate Council Tax resolutions which produce a Council Tax increase of 3.5% in 2022/23 (1% General increase, 1% Adult Social Care Precept increase and 1.5 deferred 2021/22 Adult Social Care Precept increase) as illustrated in Appendix 7.
· Funding the ‘general’ increase in council tax for the worst off in our borough by a cost of living rebate in 2022/23. This would be given to all those living in properties in council tax band A to D.
· Funding this by using £1.599m from general reserves in 2022/23.
· The Cabinet being recommended to ensure that those residents in bands E to H properties but on low incomes are duly considered for the discretionary funding which is being made available by Government for those in need of support.
To pass the budget without amendment.
Reason Key: Affects 2 or more wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: As part of the 2022/23 budget setting process
Decision Reference: CDM211
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None.
Forward Plan Reference: LDR98/ RCG44
Other reasons / organisations consulted
As part of the 2022/23 budget setting
Contact: Jonathan Davies, Corporate and Support Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 218 1025.
Report author: Administrator
Publication date: 04/03/2022
Date of decision: 24/02/2022
Decided at meeting: 24/02/2022 - Council Meeting