Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To endorse work to date in bringing forward
the redevelopment of St Thomas’ Gardens and seek approval to
the Academy of Living Well business case and capital expenditure
request. To seek approval to the appointment of a main contractor
to deliver the development.
The Cabinet has considered an update on progress to date in bringing forward the redevelopment of St Thomas’ Gardens and has:-
(1) Endorsed the progress to date in bringing forward this key regeneration scheme for Stockport MDC and the wider Borough and approve the proposal to progress the design, undertake further survey works and commence enabling works.
(2) Approved the outline business case for the Academy of Living Well.
(3) Delegated authority to the Director of Adult Services in consultation with Cabinet Member for Adult Care & Health to undertake a procurement for the provision of services within the Academy of Living Well.
(4) Delegated authority to the Corporate Director (Place) and the Corporate Director (Corporate and Support Services) in consultation with the Cabinet Members for Resources, Commissioning, & Governance, Housing and Communities and Adult Care and Health:
(a) To appoint a preferred contractor for the delivery of the Academy of Living Well, negotiate a contract sum up to the figure stated in paragraph 1.1 of Appendix 1 and finalise the terms of any appointments, contracts and other documentation required to deliver of the Academy of Living Well.
(b) To approve any property documentation necessary to enable delivery of the affordable housing
(5) Approved the proposed financing of the Academy of Living Well including prudential borrowing as set out in Appendix 1
(6) Delegated authority to the Strategic Head of Service (Legal & Democratic Governance) to do all things necessary or incidental to the implementation of the above-mentioned resolutions and to complete the necessary legal documents to implement the recommendations of this report.
(NOTE: The report contained ‘not for publication’ appendices that had been circulated to members of the Cabinet only).
Reason Key: Significant expenditure or savings;
Wards Affected: Brinnington & Central;
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: n/a
Decision Reference: CAB291
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None.
Forward Plan Reference: E&R63
Other reasons / organisations consulted
portfolio, CLT, E&R,C&H,
Contact: Paul Richards, Director of Development and Regeneration Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0161-474-2940.
Report author: Paul Richards
Publication date: 10/02/2021
Date of decision: 09/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 09/02/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 17/02/2021