Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report will set out new policy for
residential parking policy across the borough, including
arrangements in the town centre. The report will set out proposed
policy requirements for introducing resident parking schemes and
the associated management arrangements.
The Cabinet has considered a report detailing a proposed approach to residents parking in Stockport town centre and the rest of borough and outlining the comments of the area committees and the Communities & Housing Scrutiny Committee on the proposal.
The Cabinet Member for Sustainable Stockport provided a further update to the meeting in relation to those comments made by the Stepping Hill Area Committee and providing responses to the comments made by the Communities & Housing Scrutiny Committee.
The Cabinet then gave approval to:-
· the revised principles to guide future parking policy decisions
· the proposed methods for demand management for parking schemes.
· the proposal to move all free schemes to paid for schemes as and when maintenance work takes place, but this approach will be kept under review with the Cabinet Member.
· the proposal to charge for a permit as identified in paragraphs 6.2 and 6.3 of the report and to review the costs annually as part of the Council Fees and Charges Report.
· That the proposed charges start to be applied from the 1st April 2021 and increase annually by inflationary costs
· the proposed changes to residents parking policy (Appendix 2) to reflect the revised principle
· the proposed changes to town centre parking policy (Appendix 3) to reflect the revised principles.
Reason Key: Affects 2 or more wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: n/a
Decision Reference: CAB263
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None.
Other reasons / organisations consulted
portfolio, clt, C
Contact: Mark Glynn, Director of Place Management Email: email@example.com Tel: 0161-474-3700.
Report author: Amy Beasley
Publication date: 23/12/2020
Date of decision: 22/12/2020
Decided at meeting: 22/12/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 01/01/2021