Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the redevelopment options of the
former BHS store.
The Cabinet has considered a proposal for the redevelopment of the former BHS store, acquired by the Council in July 2019, into three units, with new public realm to provide grade level access to the front of the store, a rear access leading to a first floor unit and a new shopfront and has agreed:-
(1) That approval be given to the redevelopment of the former BHS store as outlined in the report.
(2) That authority be delegated to the Corporate Director (Place) and Deputy Chief Executive, and the Corporate Director (Corporate and Support Services) and Deputy Chief Executive, in consultation with the Leader of the Council and the Cabinet Member for Economy & Regeneration to:
· Appoint a contractor to deliver the refurbishment works and execute any necessary letter of intent or other agreement, pending resolution of the final contract, to maintain progress.
· Take any action needed to resolve issues that may hinder the delivery of this project within the planned programme and budget.
· Agree the final terms of the occupational interests with the proposed tenants.
(3) That authority be delegated to the Strategic Head of Service (Legal & Democratic Governance) to do all things necessary or incidental to the implementation of the above-mentioned resolutions.
(NOTE: The report contained a ‘not for publication’ appendix that
was circulated to members of the Cabinet only).
Reason Key: Significant expenditure or savings;
Wards Affected: Brinnington & Central;
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: n/a
Decision Reference: CAB273
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None.
Forward Plan Reference: E&R51
Other reasons / organisations consulted
portfolio, CLT, Scrutiny
Contact: Paul Richards, Director of Development and Regeneration Email: email@example.com Tel: 0161-474-2940.
Report author: Robert Goulsbra
Publication date: 23/12/2020
Date of decision: 22/12/2020
Decided at meeting: 22/12/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 01/01/2021