Agenda and minutes

Central Stockport Area Committee
Thursday, 15th August, 2019 6.00 pm

Venue: Committee Room 2, Town Hall. View directions

Contact: David Clee  (0161 474 3137)

Media

Items
No. Item

1.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 79 KB

To approve as a correct record and sign the Minutes of the meeting held on 18 July 2019.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Minutes (copies of which had been circulated) of the meeting held on 18 July 2019 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Chair.

2.

Declarations of Interest

Councillors and officers to declare any interests which they have in any of the items on the agenda for the meeting.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

No declarations of interest were made.

 

3.

Urgent Decisions

To report any urgent action taken under the Constitution since the last meeting of the Area Committee.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

No urgent decisions were reported.

4.

Community Engagement

Additional documents:

4.(i)

Chair's Announcements

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Stockport NHS Breast Service

 

Consideration was given to a briefing note from Stockport Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) (copies of which had been circulated) regarding the decision made by Stockport NHS Foundation Trust and the CCG to permanently close the Breast Service in Stockport as a result of longstanding challenges in the recruitment of specialist staff coupled with increased demand. It was noted that work was taking place to recommission the service with other NHS providers, however, in the intervening period, residents would be able to choose to attend the Breast Service in Wythenshawe, Macclesfield or Tameside.

 

Members expressed concern and disappointment that the service, which was in high demand, would not be available in Stockport and that patients referred by their GP would need to travel to Wythenshawe, Macclesfield or Tameside.

 

RESOLVED – (1) That the Stockport NHS Foundation Trust and Stockport Clinical Commissioning Group be requested to reconsider the decision to permanently close the Breast Service in Stockport

 

(2) That Members be advised of how the national shortage of radiologists was being addressed.

 

4.(ii)

Neighbourhood Policing

Councillors and members of the public are invited to raise neighbourhood policing issues with local Neighbourhood Policing Team.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

PC Steve Watson and PC Carl Johnson attended the meeting to report on neighbourhood policing issues within the Central Stockport area. They also reported on recent crime committed in the Central Stockport area.

 

The following comments were made/issues raised:-

 

·         An update was received regarding incidents of anti-social behaviour around Adder Park. Many residents in the area were concerned about the problems caused by off road and speeding motorbikes and quad bikes, and a police presence in the area was requested.

·         Concern was expressed about the time take to answer telephone calls to Greater Manchester Police’s 101 service. Residents were encouraged to use the web chat service on Greater Manchester Police’s website.

·         The number of burglaries on Turncroft Lane, Offerton were raised.

·         A number of motorists had been travelling the wrong way down temporary one way roads as part of the Little Moor Local Centre Improvements whilst roadworks were taking place. Police resources were requested to try to address the problem.

·         Operation Barometer would be coming into force in the Central Stockport area, but there would be particular hotspot areas.

·         The theft of York stone on Dodge Hill was highlighted and would be raised with local Police Officers.

 

RESOLVED – That PC Steve Watson and PC Carl Johnson be thanked for their attendance.

4.(iii)

Public Question Time

Members of the public are invited to put questions to the Chair of the Area Committee on any matters within the powers and duties of the Area Committee, subject to the exclusions set out in the Code of Practice (Questions must be submitted prior to the commencement of the meeting on the cards provided. These are available the meeting.  You can also submit via the Council’s website at www.stockport.gov.uk/publicquestions.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

No public questions were submitted.

4.(iv)

Public Realm

The local Public Realm Inspector will attend the meeting to provide an update on matters raised at previous committee meetings. Councillors and members of the public are invited to raise issues affecting local environment quality.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

A report was submitted (copies of which had been circulated) on current public realm issues within the area represented by the Central Stockport Area Committee.

 

Members had received a briefing note prior to the meeting from the Director of Place Management regarding recent incidents in the Borough.

 

RESOLVED – (1) That the report be noted.

 

(2) That the Area Committee’s thanks and appreciation be conveyed to all Officers involved in the aftermath of the incidents of flooding in the Central Stockport area.

4.(v)

Petitions

(i)            Coopers Brow, Stockport – Residents Parking

 

To report the receipt of a petition from five residents of Coopers Brow, Stockport requesting the introduction of a residents parking scheme.

 

(ii)          To receive any other petitions from members of the public and community groups.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Coopers Brow, Stockport – Residents Parking

 

A representative of the Deputy Chief Executive reported on the receipt of a petition from five residents of Coopers Brow, Stockport requesting the introduction of a residents parking scheme.

 

The lead petitioner had been advised that a review of resident parking schemes was currently taking place and all proposed schemes were currently on hold.

 

RESOLVED – That the petition be referred to the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration for consideration and investigation at the appropriate time.

 

4.(vi)

Open Forum

In accordance with the Code of Practice no organisation has indicated that they wished to address the Area Committee as part of the Open Forum arrangements.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

In accordance with the Code of Practice no organisation had indicated that they wished to address the Area Committee as part of the Open Forum arrangements.

5.

Development Application pdf icon PDF 111 KB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration.

 

To consider consultations (if any) received by the Corporate Director for Place Management & Regeneration on any planning issues relevant to the area.

 

The following development application will be considered by the Area Committee:-

 

(to begin no earlier than 6.30pm)

Additional documents:

5.(i)

DC/073476 - 29 Hanson Mews, Offerton pdf icon PDF 386 KB

Change of use from dwelling to children’s home (maximum 2 children and 2 carers).

 

The Area Committee is recommended to grant planning permission subject to conditions.

 

Officer Contact: Andrew Cotton on 0161 474 3622 or email: andrew.cotton@stockport.gov.uk

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

With the agreement of the Area Committee, this application was deferred until a future meeting of the Committee.

6.

Planning Appeals, Enforcement Appeals and Enforcement Notices pdf icon PDF 60 KB

To consider a report of the Deputy Chief Executive

 

The report summarises recent appeal decisions; lists current planning appeals and dates for local enquiries; informal hearings for planning appeals, and enforcement action within the Central Stockport Area Committee area.

 

The Area Committee is recommended to note the report.

 

Officer Contact: Vicki Bates on 0161 474 32319 or email: vicki.bates@stockport.gov.uk

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

A representative of the Deputy Chief Executive submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) listing any outstanding or recently determined planning appeals and enforcement activity within the area represented by the Central Stockport Area committee.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.

7.

Land at Lower Bredbury / Proposed Shared Route Facilities - TCAP606 pdf icon PDF 117 KB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management & Regeneration.

 

The report details the Council’s intention to enter into a dedication agreement with land owner National Grid to create a public right of way (bridleway) across their land and create a public right of way (bridleway) on Council land as part of Town Centre Access Plan scheme 606.

 

The proposed public right of way (bridleway) route will provide a link from the junction of Stockport Road / Pear Mill access road to Dark Lane for use by horse riders, cyclists and pedestrians.

 

The Area Committee is recommended to resolve to authorise the Council to enter into a dedication agreement with National Grid to create a public right of way (bridleway) to enable adoption by the Council and to authorise the Council to designate a public right of way (bridleway) across Council land as detailed in Appendix A of the report.

 

Officer contact: Tim Lawton on 0161 474 2986 or email: tim.lawton@stockport.gov.uk

Additional documents:

Minutes:

A representative of the Deputy Chief Executive submitted a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration (copies of which had been circulated) detailing the Council’s intention to enter into a dedication agreement with land owner National Grid to create a public right of way (bridleway) across its land and create a public right of way (bridleway) on Council land as part of Town Centre Access Plan scheme 606.

 

The proposed public right of way route would provide a link from the junction of Stockport Road/ Pear Mill access road to Dark Lane for use by horse riders, cyclists and pedestrians.

 

The proposal had been approved by the Werneth Area Committee at its meeting held on 12 August 2019.

 

RESOLVED – That approval be given to enter into a dedication agreement with National Grid to create a public right of way (bridleway) to enable adoption by the Council and to authorise the Council to designate a public right of way (bridleway) across Council land as detailed in Appendix A to the report.

 

8.

Proposed Traffic Regulation Orders - Tiviot Dale Pay and Display Parking pdf icon PDF 88 KB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration

 

The report details proposals to revoke Tiviot Dale’s thirteen business permit holder parking places and introduce thirteen Pay and display parking places.

 

The Area Committee is requested to recommend that the Cabinet Member for Sustainable Stockport approves the statutory legal advertising of the Traffic Regulation Order detailed in Appendices A and B of the report and, subject to no objections being received within the statutory period, the Order can be made.

 

Officer Contact: Nick Whelan on 0161 474 4907 or email: nick.whelan@stockport.gov.uk

Additional documents:

Minutes:

A representative of the Deputy Chief Executive submitted a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration (copies of which had been circulated) detailing proposals to revoke Tiviot Dale’s thirteen business permit holder parking places and introduce thirteen Pay and Display parking places.

 

RESOLVED – That the Cabinet Member for Sustainable Stockport be recommended to approve the statutory legal advertising of the Traffic Regulation Order detailed in Appendices A and B of the report, to be met by funding received for the Town Centre Access Plan (TCAP), and, subject to no objections being received within twenty one days from the advertisement date, the Order be made.

 

9.

St Ambrose Primary School - Provision of Four Pencil Bollards pdf icon PDF 93 KB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration

 

The report sets out the results of an investigation into the provision of some form of controlled crossing or other option to try to ensure the safety of children and parents travelling to St. Ambrose Primary School.

 

The Area Committee is recommended to approve the provision of four pencil bollards for St. Ambrose Primary School.

 

Officer Contact: Vivian Butterworth on 0161 474 4848 or email: vivian.butterworth@stockport.gov.uk

Additional documents:

Minutes:

A representative of the Deputy Chief Executive submitted a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration (copies of which had been circulated) setting out the results of an investigation into the provision of some form of controlled crossing or other option to try to ensure the safety of children and parents travelling to St. Ambrose Primary School.

 

RESOLVED – That approval be given to the provision of four pencil bollards at St. Ambrose Primary School at an estimated cost of £1,000 to be funded from the Area Committee’s Delegated Budget (Davenport and Cale Green Ward allocation).

10.

Park Event Application: Cale Green Christmas in the Park - 1 December 2019 pdf icon PDF 79 KB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration

 

The report sets out an application from the Friends of Cale Green Park to hold its Christmas event in the park on 1 December 2019.

 

The Area Committee is recommended to approve the application on the condition that all appropriate paperwork and licences are submitted.

 

Officer Contact: Josephine Holmes on 0161 474 3278 or email: josephine.holmes@stockport.gov.uk

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

A representative of the Deputy Chief Executive submitted a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration (copies of which had been circulated) setting out an application from the Friends of Cale Green Park to hold its Christmas event on the park on 1 December 2019.

 

RESOLVED – That the application from the Friends of Cale Green Park to hold its Christmas event in the park on 1 December 2019 be approved on the condition that all appropriate paperwork and licences are submitted; and that Animal Welfare Officers visit the event to ensure that the donkeys are being looked after properly.

11.

Progress on Area Committee Decisions pdf icon PDF 93 KB

To consider a report of the Democratic Services Manager.

 

The report provides an update on progress since the last meeting on decisions taken by the Area Committee and details the current position on ward flexibility funding. The report also includes the current position on the ward delegated budgets.

 

The Area Committee is recommended to note the report.

 

Officer contact: David Clee on 0161 474 3137 or email: david.clee@stockport.gov.uk

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

A representative of the Deputy Chief Executive submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) updating the Area Committee on progress since the last meeting on decisions taken by the Area Committee and the current position on Ward Flexibility Funding. The report also included the position on the ward delegated budgets.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.