Agenda and minutes

Stockport Local Access Forum (outside body)
Monday, 23rd November, 2015 2.30 pm

Venue: Meeting Room 6, Town Hall. View directions

Items
No. Item

1.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 71 KB

To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 21st September 2015.

Minutes:

The Minutes (copies of which had been circulated) of the meeting held on 21st September 2015 were approved as a correct record.

2.

Update from Stockport Legal Services

A representative of the Deputy Chief Executive will provide a report at the meeting.

 

Officer contact:  Jackie Connelly, Telephone 474 3134 Email Jackie.connelly@stockport.gov.uk

Minutes:

Further to the request made at the meeting held on 21 September 2016, a briefing note from Legal Services was provided which acknowledged the request for an officer to attend the meeting, but reported that it was not considered necessary for a legal officer to attend on this occasion.  A written update was provided on Footpath 18 Marple, the Footpath from Beaminster Avenue to Mauldeth Road and Paradise Farm.

 

RESOLVED – That Legal Services be requested to attend the next meeting of the Stockport Local Access Forum to address the meeting and provide an update on all outstanding issues.

3.

Poynton Relief Road Scheme Consultation

Rachel Whitehead from Jacobs Consultancy will provide a report at the meeting.

Minutes:

Rachel Whitehead from Jacobs Consistency provided a verbal report at the meeting which updated members of the Forum on consultation on the Poynton Relief Road Scheme .

 

The following comments were made/issues raised:

 

·         Members of the Forum raised concerns about the proposals to share the footpath between pedestrians and cyclists, as it was felt that at other sites non-segregation had not worked.

·         Members questioned why a new footpath was being provided with no crossing over the road.

·         It was considered that horse riders had not benefited from the current proposals.  There were very few bridleways in the area and a lot of horses. In response the Forum was advised that creating extra bridleways could be looked at.  Members were asked to mark up the plans, showing what was wanted and that this could then be considered.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.

4.

North West Regional Local Access Framework Chairs Meeting

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration will report at the meeting.

 

This item relates to the meeting that took place on Thursday 15 October 2015 at Lancashire County Hall in Preston.

 

Officer contact: Ernest Nama, Telephone: 474 4595 Email: ernest.nama@stockport.gov.uk

Minutes:

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration reported on a North West Local Access Framework Chairs Meeting which had taken place on 15 October 2015.

 

RESOLVED – That £25 be provided by the Council towards the expenses of the voluntary Regional Coordinator.

5.

Stockport Local Access Framework Website

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration will provide an update at the meeting.

 

Officer contact: Ernest Nama Telephone: 474 4595 email: ernest.nama@stockport.gov.uk

Minutes:

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration updated the Forum on progress with a Stockport Local Access Framework Website.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.

6.

Rights Of Way Improvement Plan

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration will provide an update at the meeting.

 

Officer contact: Ernest Nama Telephone: 474 4595 email: ernest.nama@stockport.gov.uk

 

Minutes:

With the agreement of the Forum, this item was deferred.

7.

A6MARR High Lane Mitigation Measures

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration will report to the meeting.

 

This item relates to the consultation on proposals to manage the predicted increase in traffic through High Lane as a result of the A6 to Manchester Relief Road.

Minutes:

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration reported on the results of consultation on proposals to manage the predicted increase in traffic through High Lane as result of the A6 to Manchester Airport Relief Road.

 

The following comments were made/issues raised:-

 

·         The extent of the anticipated increase in the number of cars on Windlehurst Road, High Lane.

·         What mitigation measures were being looked at for the area.

·         It was confirmed that any proposed Traffic Regulation Order had to be enforceable and appropriate.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.

 

8.

Cycle City Ambition Grant Cheadle Hulme Area Cycle Improvements

Minutes:

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration reported on the consultation undertaken on proposals for cycle improvements in the Cheadle Hulme area as part of the Cycle City Ambition Grant.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.

9.

Presentation on the Stockport Town Centre Access Plan and the proposed new Stockport Interchange pdf icon PDF 2 MB

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration will make a presentation of the Stockport Town Centre Access Plan and the proposed new Stockport Transport Interchange.

 

Officer contact: Sue Stevenson, Telephone: 474 4351 Email: sue.stevenson@stockport.gov.uk

Minutes:

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration reported on the proposals for the Stockport Town Centre Access Plan and the proposed new Stockport Interchange.

 

The following comments were made/issues raised:-

 

·         The cycle routes and the connectivity between them in the town centre was an important part of the Stockport Town Centre Access Plan.

·         The entrance to the bus station, the facilities at the bus station and the overall public realm would be significantly improved by the proposed new Stockport Interchange.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.

10.

Walking Projects 2015/16 Report pdf icon PDF 2 MB

To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration.

 

The report outlines how funding from Public Health, Cycle City Ambition Fund and the Local Sustainable Transport Fund (LSTF) has been allocated to walking and cycling projects.  The report identifies those projects.

 

Members of the Forum are requested to note the report.

 

Officer contact: Emily Brough Telephone: 0161 474 4592 or Email: Emily.brough@stockport.gov.uk

 

 

Minutes:

A representative of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration submitted a report (copies of which had been circulated) outlining how funding from Public Health, the Cycle City Ambition Fund and the Local Sustainable Transport Fund had been allocated to walking and cycling projects which were identified in the report. She also reported on Walking for Health Projects.

 

The following comments were made/issues raised:-

 

·         The Forum discussed the work undertaken by volunteers to carry out continued maintenance and improvement of routes. The Forum wished this to be discussed further at a future meeting including the possibility of a Friends of Rights of Way Group being established covering the Trans Pennine Trail and other routes which were regularly used.

·         Work on Footpath 63 BR linking the Peak Forest Canal and the Trans Pennine Trail via Mill Lane/Turner Lane, Bredbury and the Woodley area was anticipated to be completed during 2017.

 

RESOLVED – That the report be noted.