Venue: Committee Room 2, Town Hall. View directions
Contact: David Clee (0161 474 3137)
Webcast: View the webcast
To approve as a correct record and sign the Minutes of the meeting held on 6 December 2018.
Declarations of Interest
Councillors and officers to declare any interests which they have in any of the items on the agenda for the meeting.
To consider call-in items (if any).
To consider a report of the Cabinet Member for Economy and Regeneration
The Cabinet has developed a four year medium term strategy based around five cross-cutting themes. These frame the choices the Council need to make about its budget both next year and in future years, the five themes are:
· Getting the most out of our spending;
· Improving Customer Experience;
· Making sure we have the right property in the right places;
· Sharing services with other organisations;
· An organisation fit for the future.
A suite of proposals have been developed by Cabinet which forms the first phase of this programme for 2019/20. Scrutiny has since received a series of updates on the development of these proposals. This report forms the latest update and in line with the update provided to committees in November, in particular includes consideration of proposals for 2019/20, prior to Cabinet in February.
The Scrutiny Committee is invited to comment upon the proposals appended to this report.
Officer Contact: Holly Rae on 0161 474 3014 or email:
To consider a report of the Corporate Director for Place Management and Regeneration.
The Third Update Portfolio Performance and Resource Report (PPRR) for the Economy and Regeneration Portfolio is presented for consideration by the Committee. This report is shorter, and more data-driven, providing highlights and exceptions reflecting progress in delivering the portfolio priorities and budgets since the Mid-Year report. It includes forecast performance and financial data for the Portfolio, where new data is available, along with an update on the portfolio savings programme.
The report is based on the 2018/19 Portfolio Performance and Resource Agreement. This was considered by the Scrutiny Committee on 5 July 2018 and approved by the Cabinet on 17 July 2018.
The Scrutiny Committee is recommended to:-
· Consider the Third Update Portfolio Performance and Resource Report;
· Comment on the new approach and format as outlined in the report;
· Review the progress against delivering key projects, priority outcomes, targets and budgets for 2018/19;
· Highlight key areas of and responsibility for taking forward corrective action to address any performance or resource issues;
· Highlight any significant issues or changes to be fed back to the Cabinet alongside the Corporate Performance and Resource Report;
· Identify how areas of strong performance and good practice can be shared in other services.
To consider a joint report of the Director of Public Health and Corporate Director for Place Management & Regeneration.
This report presents The Active Communities Strategy (ACS) which has recently been developed to promote physical activity in Stockport. There are a number of supporting plans to the ACS. This report also presents the recently revised Walking and Cycling Plan.
The intention is to consult widely on these two specific strategies/ plans before they are finalised and presented to Cabinet for endorsement.
The Scrutiny Committee is asked to consider and comment on the proposed approaches.
To consider a report of the Deputy Chief Executive
The report sets out planned agenda items for the Scrutiny Committee’s next meeting and Forward Plan items that fall within the remit of the Scrutiny Committee.
The Scrutiny Committee is invited to consider the information in the report and put forward any agenda items for future meetings of the Committee.
Officer contact: David Clee on 0161 474 3137 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org