Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered an update on the forecasts for the Council’s finances for the period 2020/21 to 2023/24 following the provisional Local Government Finance Settlement announced in 20 December 2019, and agreed that:-
· the details of the 2020/21 Provisional Local Government Finance Settlement, the Council response to the consultation and the expected date of the announcement of the Final Local Government Finance Settlement be noted;
· the financial forecasts for 2020/21 to 2022/23 be noted;
· the indicative budget adjustments since the MTFP Update presented to the Cabinet meeting on 6 January 2020 resulting in available MTFP resources of £3.537m in 2020/21 and the revised MTFP position be noted and approved;
· the allocation of £2.950m of the available MTFP resources as set out in paragraph 3.9 be approved;
· the available one-off resources identified and approve the allocation of up to £1m of these resources to increase the Council’s General Fund Balance subject to the Section 151 Officers assessment of its adequacy to support the 2020/21 Budget be noted;
· the allocation of corporate contingency budgets to Cash Limit budgets as part of the 2020/21 budget setting process be approved; and
· the use of £0.100m of one-off available resources to support the provision of community orchards across the borough.
Decision Reference: CAB210
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None.
Contact: Jonathan Davies, Corporate and Support Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 218 1025.
Publication date: 05/02/2020
Date of decision: 04/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 04/02/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 12/02/2020