Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The purpose of this report is to provide an
overview of complaints, as at the 4th quarter (January - March).
The report also compares complaints received in 2018/19 with the
previous year’s complaints.
This report is structured as follows:
• Performance overview
• Overview of Stage 1 & Stage 2 Corporate Complaints
• Overview of statutory Adults Social Care Complaints
• Overview of statutory Children’s Social Care Complaints
• Overview of complaints about Stockport Homes
• Overview of complaints referred to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO)
• Overview of complaints referred to the Housing Ombudsman (HO)
• Lessons learnt as a result of complaints
The Cabinet considered and noted performance in relation to complaints as at the end of 2018/19, including a comparisons with the previous year and any lessons learnt from these complaints.
The Cabinet further agreed to that the Deputy Chief Executive make arrangements for complaints performance be reported by exception in Portfolio Performance and Resources Reports with an annual complaints report being submitted at the start of each municipal year to both the Cabinet and relevant scrutiny committee.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Equality and/or Environmental Impact Assessment: N/A
Decision Reference: CAB168
Declarations or conflicts of Interest: None
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Draft report shared with:
*Cabinet Member for Reform & Governance
* Deputy Chief Executive
* Directorate HoS and complaints officers
Contact: Anwar Majothi, Corporate and Support Services Email: email@example.com Tel: 0161 474 3182.
Report author: Anwar Majothi
Publication date: 19/06/2019
Date of decision: 18/06/2019
Decided at meeting: 18/06/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 26/06/2019